Hello all, I am back with another post. Today I will tell you about some great benefits of eating bell pepper or capsicum as known in India and why you should often include them in your daily diet. For those who don’t know what bell peppers are, they are fruits which come in different colors from the cultivar of the species Capsicum annuum. Depending on the variety, they can vary from less to moderately pungent in taste.They are commonly used in various cuisines all over the world. Let us see some fabulous benefits of consuming bell peppers:
- Bell peppers are excellent sources of Vitamin C. it helps to keep up a healthy and youthful skin. It also keeps our immune system strong.
- Bell peppers are less in calories hence they are often included in salad preparations.
- Bell peppers are rich in Vitamin E which helps to keep your hair healthy.
- Lutein enzyme present in bell peppers helps to protect eyes from cataracts.
- Red bell peppers contains a high amount of beta cartenoids that acts as an anti inflammatory agent.
- Bell peppers also has sulfer that prevents cancer.
- Bell peppers contains Vitamin B6 which helps in cell renewal in our body
- It also has essential enzyme such as capsaicin that helps to cut cholesterol and control diabetes.
So, next time you are preparing a salad for you, don’t forget to include a lot of bell peppers in it. Are you aware of any other benefits of bell peppers? Do share with us :).