Hello all, I am back with another post. Today I will tell you about some great benefits of eating bell pepper or capsicum as known in India and why you should often include them in your daily diet. For those who don’t know what bell peppers are, they are fruits which come in different colors from the cultivar of the species Capsicum annuum. Depending on the variety, they can vary from less to moderately pungent in taste.They are commonly used in various cuisines all over the world. Let us see some fabulous benefits of consuming bell peppers:
- Bell peppers are excellent sources of Vitamin C. it helps to keep up a healthy and youthful skin. It also keeps our immune system strong.
- Bell peppers are less in calories hence they are often included in salad preparations.
- Bell peppers are rich in Vitamin E which helps to keep your hair healthy.
- Lutein enzyme present in bell peppers helps to protect eyes from cataracts.
- Red bell peppers contains a high amount of beta cartenoids that acts as an anti inflammatory agent.
- Bell peppers also has sulfer that prevents cancer.
- Bell peppers contains Vitamin B6 which helps in cell renewal in our body
- It also has essential enzyme such as capsaicin that helps to cut cholesterol and control diabetes.
So, next time you are preparing a salad for you, don’t forget to include a lot of bell peppers in it. Are you aware of any other benefits of bell peppers? Do share with us :).
Hello lovely people, this post is a special one, guess why…. We are completing our 100th post with this one! Yay, it has been a wonderful journey so far with all your support and encouragement. A big thank you to all my readers!!!
I would like to ask you all to send in your queries and requests if you want me to write about something specific or review any product. We all love eating blueberries, don’t we? Blueberries are perennial flowering plants which bear blue/indigo colored berries tracing its origin from North America. They have enormous health and beauty benefits and are considered superfood too. Mainly the lowbush variety of berry is used for various commercial uses. Let us look at some benefits of including these berries in our daily routine:
- Blueberries act as stress busters. so next time, something is worrying you, chill with a bowl of blueberry :p
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants like all other berries and reduces signs of aging and keeps you looking young. Blueberries nourishes the skin from within keeping it glowing and healthy.
- Blueberries are very less in calories so they can be included in your diet to reduce obesity. They are also high in fibers and helps in digestion and also checks blood sugar level.
- Researches have proved that blueberries can prevent colon cancer if consumed regularly. Blueberries also reduces the bad cholesterol level in our body and reduces the chances of heart attacks and strokes.
- Blueberries prevent hair greying and improves hair growth. Blueberry consumption release harmful toxins from the body too keeping skin spot free.
- Blueberry scrub recipe: Mash few blueberries, to it add oats and 2 table spoons fresh yogurt. Mix well and apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular direction. Wash off after 5 minutes for a refreshed and tighter skin. Use twice a week.
- Blueberry face pack: Mash blueberries, mix it with 2 table spoons of honey, little milk apply it all over your face and neck. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water. Use regularly for visible results .
How did you like this post? Do share your opinions below……