Hello all, today I will be sharing a recipe with you all. As you can understand from the title of my post that it has something to do with pasta. Don’t freak out with the name, Pasta Con Pollo e Pomodori simply translated to English is Pasta with Chicken and Tomatoes. The recipe is very easy to prepare and can be made from simple ingredients that are easily available in our kitchen. This dish is very nutritious and filling. You can also try the vegetarian version by simply replacing chicken with mushrooms. Below is a step by step recipe, have a look, try it yourself and enjoy this yummy dish at home.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 250g penne pasta
- 200g boneless chicken breast
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 1 red, green and yellow capsicum chopped
- 1 large onion cut in rings
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Pomodori sauce
- Olive oil
- Grated cheese for garnishing
- A round pan for boiling
- A medium sized wok
- Chopping board (optional)
- A serving plate
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Get a packet of pasta. I have a packet of Del Monte penne rigate pasta to prepare the dish. I love penne pasta and I prefer it over other variants.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and add around 250 g pasta in it. Make sure the pasta is not over-boiled.
- Once the pasta is boiled, drain the water with a colander and keep it aside
- Chop a fresh tomato, red, yellow and green capsicum and cut a large onion in rings and keep them aside. Then cut about 200 g boneless chicken breast into small cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium size wok. Add the chopped vegetables and sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste and sauté for around 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the chicken cubes and Pomodori sauce to the mixture. Pomodori sauce is a light sauce prepared with tomato and garlic cooked in olive oil. It is widely used in Italian cuisine. You can prepare it at home easily. Cook well until the chicken and veggies are soft well coated with the sauce. Next add the boiled pasta to the mixture and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas. Empty the contents in a plate and garnish with some freshly grated cheese. Serve hot!
You can also add parsley for garnishing but since I’m not a great fan of parsley, I have skipped it. I had this dish for dinner last night and it turned out to be pretty yummy. I hope you have found the recipe useful. Do share your valuable thoughts in the comment box.