Hello girls, okay so periods have been our forever companion since our adolescence. Periods could be uncomfortable at times and sometimes they can be so worse that they can get us in tears (read:menstrual cramps). Some of us even experience bloating, headache, anxiety and mood swings. This is commonly known as PMS or Pre Menstrual Syndrome.
Even a few face acne problems and breast tenderness during menstruation. But with few simple precautions we can lessen period pain and stay without panic. Here are few things listed below, you need to take care of:
1. Drink lemon water every morning after you get up. This will help to keep your body hydrated during periods. Try to avoid rich and spicy food to prevent bloating. Increase intake of Vitamin A, D, E and K. Eat warm food.
2. Use hot water bags on and around abdominal area and in your back to reduce muscular cramps. Sleep for at least 7-8 hours.
3. Avoid cardio exercises, rather go for meditation and pranayama during your periods.
4. Prepare a cup of hot tea and add a pinch of cinnamon and thin slices of ginger, drink this tea twice a day during periods to avoid pain and discomfort.
5. Include a lot of zinc and calcium in your diet too.
6. Try to take warm bath infused with essential oils. This will help you feel relaxed and reduce any discomfort.
Follow these simple tips to experience a pain-free period and keep menstrual cramps at bay. Do you know any other such remedy to reduce menstrual cramp? Do share with us below….